I had a conversation this week with a colleague about efficiency. We were trying to determine how to decide when efficient was efficient enough. The question was if you are at 99% efficiency, is that good enough and there is no sense exploring the remaining 1%?
On the surface this sounds pretty reasonable and there are likely better places to put effort and spend money rather than trying to close the gap on the remaining 1%. But I had a different opinion.